Thursday, September 19, 2013

9-19-2013 Kohl's and Soccer

We gathered up the assorted coupons and "$10 off one item only" and went shopping at Kohl's this afternoon.  We found a few items on the 60%-off rack, checked out, used the coupons, and save "this amount" today!  

As friends know, we aren't big shoppers, so this was a big outing for us!  :}

This afternoon we picked up Ashlynn and Zade after school, took them home, got them ready for soccer games at 5:45.

Darin made it home in time to ride with us to the soccer fields.  Ashlynn's team lost by one; and Zade's team won 2-0.  Next games are Saturday morning.

We received word this morning that my Aunt Beryl (my dad's sister-in-law) was welcomed Home to Heaven this morning.  Aunt Beryl was a sweet lady, baked the best snickerdoodle cookies, and always said "Gayla Jean", using my middle name in her greeting.  

The loss of this favorite aunt reminds me that my siblings and I, my cousins, are quickly becoming the "older generation."  Oh, my, what a profound thought.


No comments:

Post a Comment