Monday, March 10, 2014

3-10-2014 Comfy Clothes

The day started with thunder, and rain.  Real rain drops, not just a mist.

We stayed in our "comfy clothes" (as the grandchildren say) until nearly noon.  

I baked a batch of lemon bars, using lemon juice from lemons just off the tree.  Oh, my goodness.  Delicious, says the chef.

Mid-afternoon Fred and Gay came over with their guitar and mandolin. We started with a game of hearts.  Gay didn't know how to play hearts so there were some practice hands to start.  I really like to play cards, or any game, so this was fun for me.

We had a break with some summer sausage, and cheese and crackers, finishing with the lemon bars.  

Glen, Gay, and Fred played and played and sang up "all those songs the driver knew" (Me and Bobby McGee) for nearly two and half hours.  Everyone is going to miss these times together.  

Evelyn and Gary, we missed you.  I made some copies for you, Evelyn, of new songs tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment