Friday, November 14, 2014

11-14-14 The Last Whirlwind Day (Last night in Cape Girardeau)

Another whirlwind day!  I am ready to slow down!

I have needed a haircut for two weeks, and today was the day!  I feel better and know I have to look better!  No pointed comments, either! ha.

Next a stop at Penzoil for an oil change for the truck.

I had an appointment at 1:15 with the thyroid doctor!   That was short and sweet.  My lab work indicated a change in medication!  Dr. A  upped the dosage with lab work in two months!

Glen and I then checked out some items at Lowe's for some potential projects in Zapata.  More  later as those develop.

The motorhome is ready to travel...,and we will in the morning.  All there is do is unhook the electricity, and hook up the truck, and we will be heading south!

Our route will take us south on I-55 to I-40, west to Little Rock, then the interstate that goes southwest to Texarkana.  We will have to see tomorrow afternoon how far southwest we will make it, maybe even into Texas.

It is 1078 miles to Zapata!

We surely are going to miss our family here in Cape Girardeau.  It is always great to spend time with Sarah and Darin, but Ashlynn and Zade are extra special grandchildren.  As I always tell Zade ---he's the best six-year old grandson we have; and Ashlynn is the best granddaughter we have!  She always laughs and says, "but Grammy, I am your only granddaughter!"  And that is what makes her the best!

If you don't know now, you will learn that winter cold temps and winds and icy/freezy conditions are harder to deal with as the birthdays pile up.  


No comments:

Post a Comment