Thursday, February 5, 2015

FEB 5 Harlem Ambassadors

Gayla with Lade Majic, #7, hiding from the referee.

 Gayla with Lade Majic, former Mizzou Basketball player, now a professional with the Harlem Ambassadors, and the referee.

Gayla and Lade, coach and captain of the Harlem Ambassadors.

Tonight we went to the local high school to watch the Harlem Ambassadors, a professional team.  The Harley Ambassadors (HA) consisted of six players and the announcer.  They "played" against a team made up of local members of the Lions' Club.  

The HA went to each of the schools in town today to talk about bullying.

During the game tonight a referee called a foul against #7, Lade Majic.  Lade came into the bleachers to "hide" from the referee.  She hid right behind Glen and me.  Then....she chose me to go onto the floor with her.  We did a little dancing and harassing of the referee.  Evelyn took some pictures of the event.  

I looked up Lade Majic after I got home.  She is a graduate of Missouri University, a player for the Mizzou Tigers, and recently elected to the Hall of Fame.  She has been a professional player for 19 years.  I must say she doesn't look her age!

Never in my wildest dreams did I ever think I would be at half court of a basketball court "dancing" with a professional player.  


No comments:

Post a Comment