Wednesday, May 18, 2016

May 18, 2016 Ashlynn Did Awesome

Background:  There is a talent show on the last day of school at Clippard Elementary, Cape Girardeau MO.  Because of the large number of students there are try-outs with 3-4 students chosen from each class.

Two week ago Ashlynn was chosen from her room.  Her selection:  "Grandma's Feather Bed" (by John Denver).  She heard it first from Poppy Glen, then her dad.  I found a illustrated book for she and Zade.

This afternoon she related the following to me....

"They called my name.  I was beginning to get nervous and had butterflies in my stomach.  I took a big breath, thought of Poppy singing with me and Brady playing the guitar for me.  Then I wasn't nervous any more!"

I listened to a short video Darin sent to me, and she didn't sound nervous at all!  I told her she didn't ever have to be nervous about anything again.  If, and she did, she could perform in front of 400 people, she could conquer anything.  She sang her heart out!

Brady and Trisha made a trip to Arkansas Tech, Russellville AR today.  Brady met lots of people and chose his classes for this fall.  Trisha had meetings with counselors, financial people, etc.  Brady is very excited for these classes to begin.

Brady's courses will lead him to a Computer Engineering degree with an emphasis in Electrical Engineering.

We are VERY proud of him and his accomplishments.

No comments:

Post a Comment