Friday, August 26, 2016

August 26, 2016 Sea Winds, Marine Mammals, and Stunning Scenery

Yesterday, Aug 25 Thursday, was a day of rest!  That's all I can say.  Actually we did go to WalMart in the morning; then I napped in the afternoon.  I was worn out from all that fun the last several days.

Today we, just Glen and I, enjoyed a scenic tour to Charleston OR, about ten miles from the RV park.

Just enjoy the pictures!!

I think this is Charlie the Tuna saying welcome to Charleston OR



This is where all the delicious oysters are farmed.  There is nothing like a fresh oyster!

 Bastendorff Beach County Park.

 Bathing beauties.

 Cape Arago Lighthouse, Charleston, OR.  It is no longer operated, and has been returned to the confederation tribes of the Coos, Lower Umpqua, and Siuslaw Indians.


 The lighthouse is sitting in a beautiful location.


 Wild scenery.

Shore Acres State Park.

The Oregon coast is just beautiful; somewhat gusty today! The winds were 30 mph, the fog was low, the clouds were drippy, and the temp 59 degrees!
California sea lions (I think)


No comments:

Post a Comment