Saturday, December 15, 2012

What Were We Thinking?

Oh, my! We went to Walmart and HEB** and Lowe's and Discount Tires today...on a Saturday, ten days before Christmas. 

Yes, the parking lots were full, and the streets congested, but we toughed it out!

There were a few things we needed for tomorrow and Monday that couldn't be found here in Zapata.

Tomorrow there is a pot-luck luncheon after worship service.  I signed up for "dressing" to go with turkey.  I couldn't find Pepperidge herbed stuffing at the local supermarket. I am going to bake it before church, then put it in the crock pot on "warm" until lunch time.  Hope that works!

Monday night is the cookie exchange at church.  I am choosing to make individual cheesecakes, made in a cupcake/muffin tin.  I want to use the new stove. :}   However I didn't have muffin tins here in the motor home, so bought new ones at Walmart. 

**HEB...what is this? you might be asking.  A south Texas chain of supermarkets; think Kroger or Gerbes or Schnuks in the mid west.  The super Walmart in Laredo didn't have dressing mix either...but HEB did!

"Lin's", a Chinese buffet, was chosen for lunch.  It was just "okay", not enough to say "wow, let's eat here next trip."

What did you do today, just ten days before Christmas? 

No comments:

Post a Comment