Monday, January 2, 2017

January 2, 2016 Oh, My Aching Shoulder

When we divided things from my mother's home I chose a rectangular "kitchen" size table with a green porcelain top.  Today I started removing the peeling paint from the legs and edge around the top.  Thus..."oh, my aching shoulder!"

I scraped and scraped.  Glen removed a couple of legs that needed some attention.  All of a sudden the project got more involved.  I just wanted the table legs not to be wobbly and a new coat of pain.

Glen is using wood glue and clamps to "un-wobble" the legs as well as tightening some screws.

We found at least five coats of paint, applied two coats of paint remover, and scraped some more.  Tomorrow I hope to sand and repaint!  The next big decision:  what color?  The original was a shade of green to match the top; then there was a yellow, another green, blue, and white.  I am thinking the original green  will look great.  

Once I started the table project I didn't get any pictures taken of the new sunscreen project.  Now I will have the finished table to add to the list.

Take note: I cooked lunch!! We enjoyed eating outdoors with a bowl of pinto beans and a slice of homemade cornbread!

No comments:

Post a Comment