Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Quiet Day at Home

It has been a quiet day in the neighborhood.

Glen, Evelyn, and I spent a lot of time reading.

I finished 'Killing Kennedy' by Bill O'Reilly.  I must say I enjoyed the book more than I anticipated.  The style of the writing feeds the reader history without choking! :}

I learned a great deal about John Kennedy, the Kennedy family, and on the flip side of history, Lee Harvey Oswald.  

I am interested now in reading "Killing Lincoln" by the same author.  Evelyn just finished this book, and said she learned lots.

It has been WINDY all day!  Currently the wind speed is ranging from 13 to 21 mph.
Temps today:  67 to 85 degrees, with mostly cloudy skies.  

This is much better than mid-America.  Our daughter in the Ft. Smith AR area is reporting 5 or so inches of snow.  Our son in southeast Missouri says "wintry" conditions tomorrow with icy conditions....a minimum of 1/4" of ice on everything.  

No comments:

Post a Comment