Sunday, March 22, 2015

3-22-15 Saturday and Sunday

It has been a very quiet week end.  

Saturday morning I went to town with a quest.....finding a pair of crutches.  Glen could not walk on the twisted ankle.  The new CVS drugstore was out of stock; they could order and crutches be here Monday; but I didn't order them.  

The next stop was the medical clinic which told me they did not have crutches in stock--even for their patients.  

The other/second pharmacy was closed.

I came home and texted the neighbors.  Immediately Joyce texted me she had a pair and was on the way to deliver them.  I thanked her and handed them to Glen.

There is one slight problem with them.  They are sized for someone who is 5-foot 10-inches or more.  Glen doesn't fit that category.  

The ankle is better--not much--but better.  Glen is still gimpy, hobbling, limping--you get the picture.

Our departure date is April 1 from Zapata, which gives us nine days to get the things that have migrated from the motor home to outside back in their rightful places.  Every time I make a trip to the outside kitchen I plan on bringing something back to the motor home.  I don't want the last day to be overwhelming.  

It was 80 degrees and sunshiny today.  Finally a warm spring day.


1 comment:

  1. Sure hope Glen's ankle gets better quickly. Wish we were there to help you get packed up.

    Marcella

    ReplyDelete