Sunday, December 18, 2016

December 18, 2016 (I almost typed November!) Baby, It's Cold Outside!!!

While the rest of the United States is freezing in the latest Cold Front, it isn't exactly warm here in south Texas.

It was nearly 90 degrees yesterday (Saturday) afternoon.  We awakened this morning to 48 degrees.  It has gotten colder through the day, with it being 42 degrees (9:20 p.m.)  There was actually a " wind chill" temperature this morning.  With the wind it felt like 24 degrees!  Thankfully the sun shined all afternoon.

This past week ....

Glen worked on the outdoor project (the outdoor kitchen)
We went to the Library
We went to Laredo--Lowe's for items for the project; Walmart for groceries


This deserves its own paragraph.
We were sitting in the outdoor space yesterday afternoon which I told Glen I saw a snake under the motor home.  It was crawling on and over the sewer hose.  I didn't want it going up and into the motor home someplace.  (Glen told me it can NOT get into the underbelly of the motor home).

He got a 2x4 and started poking at it and told me to get on the other side of the motor home to watch that it came out.  It did!  It came out with its head up just like a cobra and slithering very fast! I screamed as I didn't want it coming toward me and not be able to back up out of the way!!! 😊😊  
By the way Glen said it was about 8 feet long.  

The snake is a blue indigo snake, an endangered species, a good snake as it takes care of rattlesnakes.   We did not kill it.  We WILL just be aware of going outdoors at night, making sure we have shoes on and have a flashlight!!!  

Today was the last Sunday for our pastor and his wife.  After preaching, the congregation enjoyed a potluck lunch.  The main course was homemade tamales, with charro beans, rice, chili, salads, macaroni, etc.  

We have plans for several days this week. I will tell you all about it next Sunday!





No comments:

Post a Comment