Sunday, July 16, 2017

July 16, 2017 (Sunday) 35th Annual Whittle Camp-Out Reunion Week (Lv: Hidden Valley Outfitters, Lebanon, MO) ARRIVE: Coachlight RV Park, Carthage, MO)


We arrived at Hidden Valley Outfitters, Lebanon, MO Monday after lunch.  We were joined by other family members that afternoon. 

This is the 35th summer that the children of my dad and his siblings gather for a few days of visiting with some swimming in the river, kayaking, rafting, and canoeing.  There is always some card playing also.

In the 35 years of gathering this may have been the hottest days we have experienced.  There was no sitting outdoors unless we were in the shade along the river's edge.

I haven't heard any official count yet but my official count is 87 attendees.  This is a small portion of the grand-, great-grand-, and great-great-grandchildren of my grandparents (parents of my dad plus his eight siblings).

We gathered as a group last night for official announcements of next year's date and location.  

The remaining sister of my dad's siblings, Aunt Lois of Iowa, was not in attendance this year.  Her health is good but other issues prevented her from being here.

 Zade and cousin Carter

 Cousins:  Addison, Ashlynn, Zade, Cash

 Ashlynn in left kayak; Addison in right Kayak
 My brother Mark and my sister Jan

 Niece Megan and Ian and Nolan and Reed

 Off they go

 Zade with his daddy Darin
My generation:  Ron and cousin Debbie; cousin Mike and Beth, Glen and Gayla; cousin Sandy and Jim; cousin Kerry (almost hidden) and Lolly, and back in red my brother Mark

The great-great grandchildren of Olia and Fannie Whittle, parents of my dad Gail Whittle.

Some of the great-grandchildren (my children plus cousins/spouses)

The family was quickly dispersing from the RV park this morning.  We drove to Carthage MO to Coachlight RV Park.  There is an appointment for nine in the morning.  Our satellite/receiver quit working.  We have had NO tv/satellite since Monday afternoon.  

After several calls to DIRECTV and Wineguard (the satellite dish company) we "think" the receiver has quit working.  Coachlight RV Sales and Service is going to help us get a Directv technician here, we hope.  

BTW, have I mentioned it was and is HOT !!  I do not like 95-98 degrees with high humidity!  Miserable.  I will say again "miserable!"

No comments:

Post a Comment